There’s nothing like finding stockists that align with your values, vision, and ethos. The Green Kiss, based in Victoria B.C. do just that. They provide natural beauty products that go above the industry standard, including our soaks!
They sell everything from skin care, makeup, and body care—all of which are earth (and human) friendly. We trust their thorough testing process of products, knowing they curate their store with only the most natural, ethically sourced, and chemical-free items.
Here’s what the store’s founder Megan Johns has to say about The Green Kiss:
“Each item is tested by our team of professional makeup artists for effectiveness and results with daily wear. This ensures that everything you buy from us meets and exceeds your expectations. You want to look beautiful, take care of your skin, and make your health a priority. Our purpose is to make that as easy as possible.”
The Green Kiss has been a labour of love for Megan, she spent years planning, product testing, and researching before following her entrepreneurial spirit and launching the company in 2011. Now, in 2019, the company is a space (online and in-store) where smart, genuine, and authentic people come together to explore all that natural beauty has to offer.
One of the things we love about The Green Kiss is that they have published, and stick by, six guiding principles:
- Safe + Natural Ingredients. All ingredients must be deemed safe from our research at the current time. Please note that research is ongoing for most ingredients out there, and we are constantly keeping our research up to date with new developments.
- Results. All of the natural beauty products and organic cosmetics that we stock must be effective. To make sure of this, our professional makeup artists test each product before stocking them at The Green Kiss.
- No Animal Testing. None of the products we carry are tested on animals. As well, with the exception of a handful of products that include beeswax, honey, silk, or DMAE, our selection of products currently sits at about 95% vegan.
- Social Responsibility. All products must be manufactured following fair and just practices. All of the products we have curated have been made in a socially responsible way in either Canada, USA, or Australia.
- Environmentally Friendly Packaging. We always look for suppliers who support environmentally friendly packaging choices. These responsible choices include limiting their use of plastic, choosing packaging that is biodegradable and/or recyclable.
- Biodegradable. Part of what goes onto your skin ends up getting washed down the drain during your next shower. So it is important to us that all of the products we stock are biodegradable to protect our local ecosystems and wildlife.
Surf Soak embodies these principles, and we’re stoked to be part of The Green Kiss family. If you’d like to visit their store you can find them at Uptown Boulevard, unit 109. If you aren’t in Victoria, go to thegreenkiss.com to learn more.